CITES Documentation Procedure Guidelines for Export of Plants and Animals Species
A. Procedure for issuance of CITES Permit (Export/Import Trade and Research)
- Applicant should submit application letter Address to Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Environment, Abuja. Attention: Director of Forestry.
- Indicating Animal and Plant Species to Exported or Imported or to Conduct Research on.
- Issuance of Permit will be determined based on the listing in the CITES Appendices.
- State of Origin of Species should be stated or Provided.
B. Required Documents for the issuance of CITES Export/Import Permit for Commercial Trade in CITES Appendices.
- Letter of Support from Federal Department of Forestry for Wood products.
- Duly Completed CITES Application Form.
- Evidence of Pre-shipment grading/inspection documents.
- Pre-bill of lading before shipment indicating the comprehensive information about the shipment content.
- Evidence of payment to Government Account with receipts obtained from the Federal Ministry of Environment (Department of Finance and Account).
- Evidence of contribution to reforestation where the wood is obtained.